ivtools technical info
ivtools is a collection
of C++ frameworks for developing custom drawing editors and spatial
data servers that incorporates InterViews 3.1 and
Unidraw (from Stanford and Silicon Graphics). Here is an overview of the layered frameworks of
ivtools. The following is a list of libraries that comprise ivtools,
most of them with more information available on-line:
Sample Programs / Applications
The base InterViews library. Contains base classes for glyphs
and 2.6 interactors plus helper Dispatch, TIFF, Math, OS
classes (reference manual)
The structured graphics library. Actually a general framework
for constructing graphical editors.
- UniIdraw: librarification of 3.1 idraw (adds a few extra features to Unidraw)
- ComUtil: command interpreter C library
- Attribute: attribute library based on ComUtil
- ComTerp: command interpreter library
- IVGlyph: iv-3.1 glyph extensions
- AttrGlyph/ComGlyph: dialog boxes that leverage Attribute and ComTerp
- Dispatch/AceDispatch: layering of ACE
Reactor under the InterViews Dispatcher
- OverlayUnidraw: extended Unidraw framework
- ComUnidraw: command interpreter extensions to Unidraw
- FrameUnidraw: multi-frame extensions to Unidraw
- GraphUnidraw/TopoFace: graph-oriented extensions to Unidraw
- DrawServ: layer to combine graph and multi-frame.
An interactor based C++ class browser. Lets you cruise the
class hierarchy from C++ header files (text based, not
Glyph demonstration program. Shows the usual GUI
widgets using OpenLook, Motif or SGIMotif look and feel.
Unidraw based drawing editor. Edit shapes and text by
direct manipulation, many tools and commands, save drawings
extended version of idraw
- comdraw: drawtool with command interpreter
multi-frame editor based on comdraw
connected-graph editor based on comdraw
- drawserv: comdraw with multi-frame and graph editing both folded in.
ivtools makes use of:
polygon intersection software from Klamer Schutte
ACE framework for middleware mechanisms.
Here is the InterViews ftp site at
Stanford , where you can get a wide variety of documentation and example source code, notably papers on
structured graphics, and
Here are local copies for your convenience (Unidraw/structured graphics/glyphs).
Here is info on X Windows.